Services that provide automated mailing services are a real lifeline for a company’s marketing. The sales department can be relieved of the current and unnecessary hassle of filling out and sending simple emails according to templates. These are the traditional congratulations on registering on the site or messages about cooperation, reminder letters about continuing work or reactivation of the client. You can read in detail about how such a service works, for example at Reply, at https://reply.io/for-agencies. We’ll focus, however, on information on how to set up effective communication and set precise periods for sending messages.
The rhythm for maximum success with automated mailings
Automated emails should not be sent every day and in multiple pieces. Spamming the information will have the opposite effect – irritation and non-cooperation. It’s necessary to keep the rhythm, but to use the capabilities of the automated system wisely. Let’s try to outline such periods. They should be built depending on the direction of the letter and its content, with the selection of optimal timing and their harmonization with the rhythm of human life:
- welcome emails – immediately after successful account registration or subscription to a newsletter, information, or other activity on the site or app;
- ongoing emails – 14 days after the newsletter has not been opened by the user, although received in their email, or 3 days after registration has not been completed, and 24 hours after a purchase has not been completed on the site;
- anniversary letters – a discount code and a personal thank you message;
- letters on the client’s birthday or the day the company was founded: discount code or certificate;
- reactivation letters – 6 months after the last purchase or any activity.
These letters, even though most customers realize they are generated through an automated system, bring a certain positivity to relationship building. These emails help establish and maintain personal and individual contact with the customer and build customer loyalty.
How to set your own right rhythm and mailing cycle
In fact, we’ve only talked about approximate mailing parameters. In each case, there are many additional criteria to consider in determining the timing of the mailing and the effectiveness of its delivery. For example, the most effective mailing dates for buyers of flowers would be birthdays of close relatives or days when important events are scheduled. All these data are not consistent with the standard schedule and can be established by automated search of the customer’s circle of acquaintances and mailing of unobtrusive, indirect offers to purchase goods.